We are looking for the perfect candidate to join the Thrive Seniors’ team this summer as a part-time Social Media Intern! This is perfect for a college student who is studying social media, journalism, marketing or other related fields. Your college may even offer credit for the completed internship! Other interns that have worked with us from the University of Kansas have received college credit for their part-time internship.
Interested in really getting hands-on experience in social media marketing? Thrive Seniors, a Kansas City-based senior photography studio, is searching for a qualified incoming junior or senior college student to work as a social media intern from June – August 2017. This part-time, unpaid internship is ideal for students who are interested in pursuing a career in public relations or social media marketing. The social media intern will be responsible for assisting the owner and photographer of Thrive Seniors with the studio’s social media accounts and developing sound strategies to build our brand presence and client engagement.
To apply please send resume, cover letter and relevant work samples to Heidi Abbott at email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in coordinating social media posts across multiple channels
• Analyze social media data to provide benchmarks that measure our success
• Further develop social media accounts to help expand our digital footprint, awareness, email subscribers and leads
• Develop ongoing strategies to increase audience engagement
• Ensure social media strategies align with all marketing efforts
• Handle timely responses to all social media inquiries in Thrive Seniors’ voice
• Light writing duties
• Attend photo shoots to build the “live” presence of our brand
Qualifications and Requirements:
- This is an unpaid position; applicants must be working the internship for college credit toward graduation.
- Only entering college juniors and seniors may apply. (Exceptions will be made for exceptional experience.)
- Candidates must be outgoing and engaging. The candidate will be a part of a senior’s photo shoot and must be comfortable with meeting and interacting positively with new people.
- This internship will begin June 5th and end August 14th
- Candidates should have command of current trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build a digital audience. Experience with a wide range of social media platforms; Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and Hootsuite.
- Candidate must possess superior interpersonal skills.